Head of Music
The Royal Opera House produces the best opera and ballet in the world and is seeking to appoint to the high profile role of Head of Music.
Reporting to the Music Director, the Head of Music works as a Repetiteur, while also being responsible for managing the work of the Music Staff team to the highest standards of artistic effectiveness with due regard to the financial, operational and health and safety requirements of the Royal Opera House.
The Head of Music will additionally be part of the artistic advisory team reporting to the Director of Opera and the Music Director, and will be in touch with new developments in the theatre/opera world, keeping up with new trends and new talents to contribute to discussions on future plans.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the opera repertoire.
- Significant experience as a repetiteur for a major opera company.
- A high-profile coach/assistant conductor and equivalent experience as a recitalist with singers of an international standard.
- A detailed knowledge of the working processes of an opera company, with experience of scheduling, and able to efficiently match the right pianist to the appropriate conductor and creative team.
- A team player, with a natural rapport with singers, conductors and director, who gets involved in the creative process and takes an interest across all productions from the first model showing to opening night.
We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
A full job description is available below. To apply, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on `Apply Now`. For queries please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or 0207 212 9124 and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing Date for applications: 8:00am, Monday, 9 January 2017
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Sorry, this vacancy is closed.