Learning and Participation Events Officer
£24,430.00 per annum (full-time, 40 hours per week)
Royal Opera House Learning and Participation devises and delivers a nationwide programme of learning and participation activities that enables people to learn more about and actively engage with ballet, opera, music and theatre crafts.
We are now looking for an exceptional Events Officer to provide support for our Insights Programme and other learning and participation events and festivals.
Insights events are linked to specific opera and ballet productions, the artists who appear in them and the behind-the-scenes departments and are often created for different levels of knowledge. They give unique opportunities to discover more about each production from invited specialists, members of the production team and artists.
Reporting to the Insights Programme Manager, the responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation, running and management of events, providing administrative and practical assistance.
- Working as the assistant floor manager on events.
- Liaising with in-house Technical, Box Office, House Management, Catering, Stage door and Facilities teams to ensure events are fully supported.
- Updating budget records, processing invoices and preparing contracts.
- Assisting in the promotion of events, with colleagues in Marketing and Digital Media.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain more experience in learning events administration and logistics and to learn more about the workings of the UK`s busiest theatre. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and value the positive impact the difference has on our teams.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of event management, able to demonstrate the ability to plan and run events from concept to delivery.
- Evidence of strong administration and IT skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in opera and/or ballet.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a range of people.
- Ability to undertake a varied and busy workload in a fast-paced environment.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position is available below by logging in or creating an account. If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact the HR Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020 7212 9631. You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 8.00 am, Friday, 28 April 2017.
Interviews will be held on 18 and 19 May 2017.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Sorry, this vacancy is closed.