Head of the Jette Parker Young Artists Programme
The Royal Opera House (ROH) produces some of the world`s best lyric theatre and we believe we have a responsibility to invest in the future of opera and to recognise and nurture new talent. The Jette Parker Young Artists Programme (JPYAP) is designed to support the artistic development of talented singers, musicians and stage directors at the beginning of their careers.
We are currently recruiting for the Head of JPYAP who will commence the Programme in September 2017. This role will oversee its day-to-day operation, manage the work of the JPYA office, and ensure the Programme`s growth both in artistic and professional terms. The Head of JPYAP will continue to raise the Programme`s national and international profile by acting as an ambassador, owning key relationships, building networks, and keeping abreast of the operatic world.
The Head of JPYAP will lead on recruitment and talent development, and deliver the Programme as an integrated part of the Royal Opera, working closely with the ROH casting team to support the delivery of scouting and casting of the RO`s work.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Considerable experience of nurturing talent and a thorough understanding of the processes of the training of opera artists;
- Experience of casting in opera;
- Significant relevant experience in arts administration, including effective team and budget management;
- A detailed knowledge of the working processes of an opera company, with experience of scheduling;
- Thorough knowledge of the national and international opera and music world in general, along with an awareness of the wider context into which The Royal Opera fits;
- The ability to form and develop partnerships with a wide range of training and performance companies in different countries; and
- A team player, with a natural rapport with developing singers, conductors and directors, who gets involved in the creative process and takes an interest across all productions from the first model showing to opening night.
More information about the Programme can be found on our website: www.roh.org.uk/about/jette-parker-young-artists-programme.
We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position is available below by logging in or creating an account. If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact the HR Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020 7212 9124. You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing date for applications: 8.00 am, Friday, 5 May 2017.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Alternatively if you have not created an account please click 'Apply Now' below